Home > Grade Levels >
High School Statistics and Probability Worksheets
The skills in this section have an unlimited potential in the business world. Most of the high level science and math careers center around the mastery of these skills.
Interpreting Categorical & Quantitative Data
- Making and Understanding Box and Whisker Plots (HSS-ID.A.1) - This is a visual way to represent data and better understand how much assortment of data exists.
- Standard and Absolute Deviation (HSS-ID.A.2) - These allows us to communicate how diversity we see in our data sets.
- Outliers In Data Sets (HSS-ID.A.3) - We are looking for the values that stand out like a flamingo in gymnasium.
- Mean and Standard Deviation Distributions (HSS-ID.A.4) - This is a way for use to visualize the differences in our data.
- Two Way Tables (HSS-ID.B.5) - A way to display the frequency for two variables.
- Linear Function Word Problems (HSS-ID.B.6a) - We examine problems that somehow form a line.
- Analyzing Plotted Functions (HSS-ID.B.6b) - This allows us to understand and make decisions based on the values of the functions.
- Scatter Plots of Linear Functions (HSS-ID.B.6c) - Drawing these out allow us to better understand the nature of the data itself.
- Interpreting Slope and Rate of Change In Context (HSS-ID.C.7) - These measures are often key calculations in performance for the automobile industry.
- Correlation vs. Causation (HSS-ID.C.9) - We help students walk the tightrope between these two. When is it circumstantial and when is it the cause?
- Identifying Random and Bias Data Samples (HSS-IC.A.1) - Being random gives us a more valid result, in almost all experiments.
- Validating Data Generating Processes (HSS-IC.A.2) - You will need to pay strict attention to detail here.
- Working With Sample Surveys (HSS-IC.B.3) - We use these to collect data and make inferences about an entire population.
- Comparing Two Data Sets (HSS-IC.B.5) - We work to find the center and spread between the two data sets.
- Predicting the Outcome of Events (HSS-IC.B.6) - We use statistics to gauge the extended outcome of anything.
- Probability Word Problems (HSS-IC.B.6) - We use all the skills we have learned in this section.
- Intersection and Union of Sets (HSS-CP.A.1) - This helps more precise decisions about our data.
- Determining Dependent and Independent Events (HSS-CP.A.2) - We look for all possible outcomes.
- Conditional Probability (HSS-CP.A.3) - We look at the relationship between multiple events.
- Using Two-Way Tables (HSS-CP.A.4) - We look at their applications and uses.
- Relative Conditional Probability (HSS-CP.A.5) - These values are well planned before you make the calculations, at least they should be.
- Addition Rule of Probability (HSS-CP.B.7) - This applies to two mutually exclusive events.
- Multiplication Rule of Probability (HSS-CP.B.8) - When events are from the same sample space.
- Permutations and Combinations (HSS-CP.B.9) - Combinations are a bit sloppier math and permutations are more prim and proper.
- Graphing Probability Distributions (HSS-MD.A.1) - You will learn to bring these things a bit more to life.
- The Expected Value of Random Variables (HSS-MD.A.2) - It is great when math tries to tackle the concept of random.
- Probability Distribution (HSS-MD.A.3) - What are all the possible outcomes and their likelihoods?
- Probability Distribution Based on Empirical Probabilities (HSS-MD.A.4) - This is mostly based on data that is observed.
- Calculating the Payoff of a Game of Chance (HSS-MD.B.5a) - Most people wish they would have paid more attention to this topic when they step inside a casino.
- Using Probabilities to Make Fair Decisions (HSS-MD.B.6) - I wish most people followed this code to make all their major decisions, but that does not happen much at all.
- Analyzing Probabilities and Decisions (HSS-MD.B.7) - If you master this section, you will be able to make much better decisions.
Making Inferences & Justifying Conclusions
Conditional Probability & the Rules of Probability
Using Probability to Make Decisions
Unlock all the answers, worksheets, homework, tests and more!Save Tons of Time! Make My Life Easier Now