Relative Conditional Probability
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Statistics - HSS-CP.A.5
What is Relative Conditional Probability? When we generally talk about probability, we usually consider different possibilities of a single instance. For instance, there is a die, and you have six possible outcomes. The die would not change, but it will give you different outcomes. However, in relative conditional probability, you use a contingency or two-way frequency table that tells you different members of a group have different characteristics. These worksheets will have students learn to solve probability based problems that have a relative conditional stated within it.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Stabbing a Number line Step-by-step Lesson- I saw similar questions to this on an AP exam and thought they hit the standard well.
- Guided Lesson - What's the probability of picking a line segment of the numbers line?
- Guided Lesson Explanation - This skill applies to all theme parks across the world.
- Practice Worksheet - Some of the questions supply the line segment. Others require you to find the part of the line.
- Matching Worksheet - Find where the lines match up properly.
You will need to really look close at these problems. The number lines are not scaled.
- Homework 1 - What is the probability between 15 and 35?
- Homework 2 - CL is completely contained within AN. The length of CL is CL = │4 - 26│ = 22. The length of AN is AN =│0 - 26│ = 26.
- Homework 3 - The segment between 48 and 51 is completely contained in the total segment. The length of the shorter segment is the absolute value of the difference between its left endpoint and right endpoint.
These exact type of problems appear on national assessment year in and year out.
- Practice 1 - A point on MU is chosen at random. What is the probability it is also on NS?
- Practice 2 - A real number value on the line segment is chosen at random. The line segment has single digit intervals that are grouped together. What is the probability it is between 105 and 117?
- Practice 3 - The line segment has single digit intervals that are grouped together. A point on EM is chosen at random. What is the probability it is also on FL?
Math Skill Quizzes
We condensed it to four problem on each sheet.