Predicting the Outcome of Events
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Statistics- HSS-IC.B.6
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Richard's Spinner Step-by-step
Lesson- How many possible outcomes are there when you use two
- Guided Lesson -
Picking odd numbered tennis balls, flipping coins, hanging ornaments,
and shopping for baby bottles.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- Only the second one requires a tree diagram, the others are two-steps.
- Practice Worksheet -
I tried to think up as many possible random scenarios as possible.
- Matching Worksheet - Find the matching probability and problem.
- Probability Mutually Exclusive Events Five Worksheet Pack - These outcomes depend on being together.
- Probability Problems Involving AND & OR Five Worksheet Pack - Ten pages of work for you here.
- Probability the Complement of an Event Five Worksheet Pack - Students often have trouble with this particular skill. I would give them this over several days.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
A review on the creation of tree diagrams might be in order for these sheets.
I tried to gravitate the questions towards the use of problems we have seen on exams. They aren't too creative.
Math Skill Quizzes
The numbers of the items work as labels which actually covers 2 standards in 1 here.