Time Math Worksheets
Tips for Teaching Time Most of the kids find it challenging to tell time accurately. But it can be made easier by using some tips and tricks. Below we have discussed some of the tricks that can make time telling fun for your kids. Counting - Counting to 60 is the basic skill that kids need to master before they are able to tell time. Make your child write counting from 1 to 60 and practice this regularly. Once your kid has learned the counting to 60, try making them understand counting by fives. This will make time telling easier for your kid. Have your kid practice writing numbers by fives. Reinforce this exercise until your kid is able to do it without any assistance. Analog Clock - Once your child has learned counting by fives, use an analog clock to build on this concept. The digital clock might be a better instruction or teaching tool; an analog clock is a better choice in understanding the concepts of time. These clocks will test your child’s ability to count by fives. You can also build your analog clocks by using paper plates or get the print outs of analog for practicing telling time. See if I missed anything in your curriculum. There is very little in the core curriculum about this stuff.
- Calculating Elapsed Time - Learn to determine the amount of time that lapses between two times.
- Days of Week - Students learn the names and order of the days of the week.
- Elapsed Time Using Ruler - This really helps students learn how to read timecards.
- Elapsed Time Word Problems - We put you in situations that allows math to be your superhero.
- Estimating Times - When someone asks you how long something will take, these are the skills that you will need.
- Hours and Half Hours of Time - These worksheets help you determine time to the full hour or half hour.
- Measuring Time in Minutes - Down to the exact minute.
- Measuring Time in Words - We switch from numbers to words.
- Minutes to an Event - How much time until that event is on?
- Telling Time from Analog and Digital Clocks - Learn how to tell the time in both formats.
- Time Differences - This helps you answer how long something will take for certain.
- Time Word Problems - We put you in situations were time is a critical factor.
- Understanding Annual Calendars - Take a look at an entire year and be able to answer questions about your year.
- Understanding Monthly Calendars - A great deal can happen in a month. Tell us what happens in your month.