Telling Time from Analog and Digital Clocks
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 2 Measurement - 2.MD.7
These worksheets help students learn to read both analog and digital clocks. What Is the Difference Between Analog and Digital Clocks? You might have heard; time is the most precious thing you have in this world. Also, it doesn’t wait for anybody. Therefore, each one of us needs to keep track of time. However, the fun part about time is that you can view it on two different types of clocks. One is Analog, and the other is a digital clock. Both these clocks are used to read the time. But there is a difference between the two clocks. If you didn’t know about it, let’s find it out: Analog Clock: An Analog clock uses circuits in which voltage or current flow variable at a continuous rate. An analog clock features hands, known as clock hands, that represents the time. These clock hands spin around the dial and point to a number as time passes by, which represents the approximate time of the day. Digital Clock: In a digital clock, quantities are counted rather than measured. And when you count something, you get the exact results. A digital clock tells you the exact time. It saves you the hassle of figuring which clock hand is on which number.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Step-by-step Lesson-
You tell us if the time of day is A.M. or P.M. this is all based
on the activities of a young boy.
- Guided Lesson
- Find the missing time and then go to town on the A.M. / P.M. game
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I like to explain this with the general statement about noon versus
- Practice Worksheet
- Draw the hands on the analog clocks and the times on the digital
clocks. I know the digital clock problems are a joke, but we have
seen them on standard tests.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the time on the clock to the time of day.
We setup a time and give you scenario of references to help you lock down an exact time.
- Homework 1- Write the time from the clock by using a.m and p.m according to Anthony's activity.
- Homework 2- Write the missing time.
- Homework 3- Alan wants to go to school at seven-forty in the morning and play baseball with his friends at five-thirty-four in the evening. Write the time in numbers with a.m and p.m for going to school and playing ball.
We give you a time pattern and you tell us what time is missing.
Math Skill Quizzes
1 and 3 - Drop in an AM or PM. 2 - Time intervals find the missing time.
- Quiz 1- This is an a.m. or p.m. type of worksheet.
- Quiz 2- All the clocks are in fixed intervals.
- Quiz 3- Jack goes to the play ground at six-thirty in the morning and the goes to class with his friend at five- twenty-two in the evening. Write the times in numbers with a.m and p.m.