Understanding Annual Calendars
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Measurement - 3.MD.A.1
What Are Annual Calendars? We are well aware of what Calendars are, right? They are a systematic organization of the dates, days, months, and the events taking place, socially, religiously, or commercially. Calendars help in keeping track OF the month that we are in, the date and the day, every day. We also know what monthly calendars are. But do you know what annual calendars are? Let's find out! A representation of the year that expires with the represented year is known is Annual Calendar. An annual calendar can also be explained as a calendar that needs to be altered every year in order to remain current. Whenever a New Year arrives, a new calendar is updated. The calendar has all the dates, the days, months, and all the vents that will take place on their respective dates around the year. These dates help us stay updated just like they did the year before and the year previous to the one that has passed! These worksheets and lessons help students learn to read, write, and interpret year-long calendars.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- A Look At 2011 Step-by-Step Lesson- We learn to interpret the calendar and answer basic questions that anyone might ask you.
- Guided Lesson - Two different calendars (2011 and 2013). We use the same one twice with different formats.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - These depend on vocabulary we learned in first grade and second grade.
- Practice Worksheet - Kids love this one. I have used it with seventh graders and they all don't get hundreds; so read carefully.
- Matching Worksheet - Find the answer to each matching question.
I got better at making calendars as I progressed through this. See if you notice.
- Homework 1 - Which months have 31 days? How many Tuesdays are there in January?
- Homework 2 - If Labor Day occurs in September, what day will it happen this year? Which months have no Federal holidays occurring this year? Thanksgiving and Veterans Day occur in November. What day of the week do they both occur on?
- Homework 3 - What day of the week does the following holidays fall on?
It took me forever to figure out how to make some of these calendars clear and readable.