Measuring Time in Words
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 2 Measurement - 2.MD.C.7
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Time in Words Step-by-Step Lesson- On top of naming times, we work the halves and quarters
of a clock. The pictures really help a great deal.
- Guided Lesson - Practice
using the concepts and phrases of halves, quarters, past and to.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We do a vocabulary review to kick this on off.
- Practice Worksheet - Time
to words and then words to time.
- Matching Worksheet
- Find the times that match up with the words and the phrases.
- By 5 Minutes
Practice Worksheet - The clocks are all set in intervals of
- By 5 Minutes Lesson
- Kids love this one. I have used it with seventh graders and they
all don't get hundreds; so read carefully.
- Matching Time to Words
5 Pack - Five pages of time and word matches.
- By Fifteen Minutes Lesson
- A good lesson on the concepts of quarters.
- By Fifteen Minutes
Practice Worksheet - At least you know the answer for minutes
has to be just one of three possible choices.
- By Thirty Minutes Lesson
- Another refresher on the hour and minute hand.
- By Thirty Minutes
Practice Worksheet - It's either 30 after or a whole hour.
- Half Hour Lesson
and Practice - Again we review half hours. Kids have a lot of
trouble on this skill.
- Half Hour Practice
Worksheet - Find the half hours. Basically it should be called
write down thirty after the indicated hour.
- Half and
Whole Hour Practice Worksheet - We mix the skills we have been
- Whole Hour Lesson
- Yet another review for everyone to work with.
- Whole Hour Practice
Worksheet - Write the hour followed by double zero.
- Hour Hand Practice
Worksheet - Draw the big and little hand.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
A.M. vs. P.M. is the big take away here.
Don't forget to review some basic vocabulary like noon, midnight, midday.