Hours and Half Hours of Time
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Measurement - 1.MD.3
What Do The Hands of an Analog Clock Tell You? Learning to read an analog clock is the biggest challenge for many kids. Young minds get confused when they see three different clock hands. It might get very overwhelming for many children. Instead of handing kids digital watches add convenience in their lives, it is better to teach the kids to read an analog watch as it will create problems for them in the future. The kids often get confused as analog clocks come in a variety of different shapes. The first thing to understand is that the number division on all clocks is the same, whether it's a circle, triangle, or square. Each of these clocks has two hands, and together these hands tell the time. The two hands are of different lengths, and each of these hands tells different data. The shortest hand of the clock is the hour-hand, and it marks the hour. Whichever number it points at is the hour of the day. The hand longer than the hour-hand tells the minutes. The number it points at when multiplied by five gives the minutes past the hour. When this hand points at 12, it completes an hour. These worksheets focus on telling time on analog clocks with the minute on the half-hour or hour mark only.
- Digital and Analog Clocks Step-by-step Lesson-
Learn how to tell hours and half hours on these different types
- Telling Time To Hours and Half
Hours Guided Lesson - You get to both tell the time and draw
hands on the clocks.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- The overview might be a bit much. We will be having a visual marker
available to you soon.
- What Hour and Half Hour Is It?
- You can practice telling time.
- Matching Clocks and Time
- Match the clock to your time.
The visuals I came away with here should really help you see the movement of the clocks.
- Guided Lesson 1 - You'll see both analog and digital clocks in this one.
- Guided Lesson 2 - Now I have completely removed the hands and digits from those clocks.
- The Analog Clock Guided Lesson 3 - Here is a nice and big diagram for you.
- Step-by-step Lesson 1 - We point out all the hands and clearly label them.
- Digital Clocks Step-by-step Lesson 2 - The absolute best thing about retirement is that I don't have to see this first thing when I wake up any more.
These worksheets work towards higher levels bouncing off of this skill.
- Find the Hour Worksheet - They are all o'clocks in a matter of speaking.
- Find the Time Independent Practice Worksheet 1 - Half and half on the type of clock used.
- Find the Time Independent Practice Worksheet 2- More practice on the same skill.
- Matching Worksheet - Find the time that matches the clock.