Time Until an Event
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Measurement - 3.MD.A.1
How to Determine Minutes to an Event Occurring (Example: It is noon. How many minutes until 2:34 pm) - Learning what time it is and having to be able to say it out loud is an actual skill. That's true, right? When we are looking at a clock to see what time it is, it is fairly simple since we have the idea of time. We know that if the big hand of the clock is pointing at 8 and the small hand is pointing at 3, the time is 8:15. But what if we need to what time it would be after four hours from now? again The answer is pretty simple. All you have to do is follow these simple steps: Carefully look at what the time is right now. Now, decipher how many minutes you need to add or subtract from the time. For example, if the time right now is 2:30, and you need to know how many minutes it would take till its 5:30, you need to add. If you need to know how many minutes ago it was 12:30, then you need to subtract. We know that every hour consists of 60 minutes! It's easy, do the math! These lessons and worksheets will teach students how to calculate the amount of time remaining until the start of an event.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Two and a Half Hours Step-by-Step Lesson- What time will it be in two and a half hours. Draw it on the clock.
- Guided Lesson - More name the time and draw the time activities.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - You should always treat the minutes and hours like place values, that will make it work for you.
- Practice Worksheet - What time was it and what time will it be type of questions.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the advancing and rewinded clocks with the time changes.