Number Line Subtraction
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Operations - K.OA.A.1
How Can a Number Line be Used to Help Us Learn to Subtract Do you feel like you're stuck right in the middle of a question every time you're attempting a math question? Well, don't worry! Math is not as difficult as it seems, and various methods can be used to make questions easier. One of the easiest and the most effective methods that can be used to solve questions without much hassle is the number line. Do you know what it is? Let's find out and how it can be useful when you are learning subtraction! When a series of numbers is placed on a straight line starting from the smallest to the biggest number, the series is known as a number line. The numbers don't always have to start with zero, but the main rule of the number line is that the numbers have to be in order, always. Now that you have an idea about what number line is, let's take a look at why this tool is useful and can be used for addition and subtraction. The number line can be used for moving or jumping spaces from the point of starting. The left side of the number line is used for subtraction, and the right is used for addition. The number of spaces you move depends on the addition or subtraction. How easy is that! Now, the next time you are stuck, use number lines! These worksheets have students use number lines to help them learn how to find the difference between values.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Two Line Number Line Step-by-Step Lesson- This is a neat one. You draw a line to show how you established the total and then show the difference in action.
- Guided Lesson - Start by adding your lines to explain the equation and then make an equation based on the lines that we present you with.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - These are always super fun to explain, actually it's pretty hard to come up with these.
- Practice Worksheet - We have your explain a numbers line and a series of equations.
- Matching Worksheet - You can use the numbers line to help you, but they aren't 100% necessary either.
- Using Arrows In Number Line Subtraction Guided Lesson- You can use the numbers line to advance you to this level. Arrows also help.
- Finding the Difference With Number Lines Lesson - Can you explain what is happening here?
- Draw Arrows on Number Lines Lesson- You are given a number line and a difference. Draw this on the number line.
- Independent Practice Worksheet 1 - Use the number line as a guide for yourself.
- Number Line Subtraction Independent Practice Worksheet 2- Same style as the previous problem, just larger numbers.
- Number Line Subtraction Matching Worksheet 1- Match the final value to each problem.
- Number Line Subtraction Matching Worksheet 2- Again, we use larger number in the differences for the second volume of this set.
- Reading Operations In Numbers Lines Lesson- Explain what the heck is going on in the numbers line.
- Understanding Numbers Lines With Subtraction Lesson- I like to introduce the cross out method at this level.