Sorting and Classifying Objects into Groups
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Level - K.MD.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Classifying Objects into Groups Step-by-step
Lesson- Animals versus fruits. Where does each go?
- Compare Sets of Objects Guided
Lesson - You will compare and contrast 3 rows of objects that
include milk, whales, and fish.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I tried to keep this one short and sweet, but still found myself
rambling a bit.
- Same or Different Worksheet
- Circle anything in the row that is the same as the first object
in the row.
- 2 Groups Worksheet - Forms
of land or air transport. Take off with this one!
- Sorting Into 4 Groups- A much
more advanced skill than the standards ask for, but this great for
- Sort the Objects into
Two Groups- Sort items between groups of sweets and writing
- Reading Venn Diagrams
- I saw a problem like this on a test once, but I have never seen
a practice sheet on it. So, I created it.
- What Category Do I Best Fit Into? - This is more of a rapid fire worksheet. You will probably like it.
Sorting Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
- Classifying Objects into 3 Groups Worksheet- I set these up so that you could even cut and paste them and break out the glue.
- Classifying Objects into Group Step by Step Lesson - You can use many different criteria to sort these, but I chose can fly and can't.
- Classifying Objects into Group Guided Lesson Explanation- Automobiles or transportation versus athletic sports balls.
- Data Chart of Sets of Objects Guided Lesson - We do our comparison after charting all the data.
- Compare Sets of Objects Guided Lesson- You have to sort these in order to answer the questions. This can help students see another approach.
- Compare Sets of Objects Guided Lesson Explanation- I always like to do my counts first.
- Making Data Charts of Sets Worksheet- We get some more work in on plotting data charts and the comparing items.
- Classifying Same Theme Objects into Categories Worksheet- The labels help you understand the pictures and vice versa.
- Understanding and Describing Sets of Objects Worksheet- This is somewhat of a primer activity for this skill.