Number Line Addition
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Operations - K.NBT.A.1
How Using a Number Line Can Help You Learn to Add - There is a plethora of tools that help in simplifying mathematical problems. These tools can make it easy for students to solve problems in a shorter time with ease. One such tool is a number line. It is a tool that is easy to use and can make it easy for students to add, subtract, and even multiply numbers. A number line is a series of numbers that are placed on a straight line in an ascending order. Students can make a number line as per the question they are solving. A number line can be used to represent both positive as well as negative integers. When adding two numbers using a number line, what a student has to do is locate the first number on the number line and then use a pencil to make skips equal to the second number. For example, of you are adding 5 into 10. You locate 10 on the number line and make five skips to get the final answer. This series of worksheets has students model addition with the use of a numbers line.
- Mixed Addition Step-by-Step Lesson- Numbers lines always come in handy for addition and subtraction too.
- Guided Lesson - We have you make and read a number line to solve sums.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - You need some space to do these problems. See how this works out for you.
- Practice Sheet - Lots of sums and number lines to help you solve them.
- Matching Worksheet - The number lines are just there as tools. I played around with just providing one line, but it wasn't as effective.
- Determining a Sum and Outcome For A Numbers Line Lesson- This is definitely the way you want to kick this topic off.
- Adding Two numbers on Number line Worksheet - Draw the Lines - Now we have you find the sum of three numbers.
- Show Sums From a Numbers Line Guided Lesson Explanation- This one walks you through every little detail.
- Show Sums From a Numbers Line Guided Lesson - You are now asked to determine what type of sum problem the number line visualize.
- Number Line Addition Lesson Number 2- It is like a bounce that bounced two steps forward.
- Number Line Addition Step by Step Lesson- Bounce across the line to add the two numbers.
- Show Sum on Number line Worksheet 1- Explain the sum that you are seeing for each problem noted.
- Show Sum on Number line Worksheet 2- What sum do see going across the line here?
- Number Line Addition Worksheet- Use the number lines to help you determine the sum in each case.