Graphing Complex Transformations
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Congruence- HSG-CO.A.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Translation and
Rotation Step-by-step Lesson - We throw a triangle in a different
direction and have you document it.
- Guided Lesson
- We use notation to move the figures around in these translations.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I like to examine each point closely to see where it is going.
- Practice Worksheet
- This one is spread over four pages. The graphs are a bit oversized,
but you can see them clearly.
- Matching Worksheet
- Find the graph that fits the translation that occurs.
- Working with
Translations 5 Pack - Find the shape that was transformed and
then determine if a vertical or horizontal transformation occurred.
- Rotations Worksheet Five Pack
- This pulls geometric shapes into the real world. You need to assume
that all the shapes are geometrically perfected.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Understanding the vocabulary for this section is paramount.
I would go over the transformation rules and scales with students first before working on these.
Math Skill Quizzes
Quiz 1 and 3 are very traditional. The second quiz is me trying to adapt the skill to the real world.