Classify and Identify Regular Polygons
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 5 Geometry - 5.G.4
Students can use these worksheets and lessons to learn to name polygons in a variety of orientations.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Sides and Angles Step-by-Step Lesson- Look at the number of sides, angles, and equivalents to determine the name of the shape.
- Guided Lesson - Here is a nice three pack for you on the enclosed shapes.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - These are ultra simple explanations, not really worth the paper to print it.
- Practice Worksheet - Would you believe that a star is a shape students need to know? I asked this question at a past NCTM conference.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the shapes to their complete descriptions.
These are great activities to warm up for any major geometry unit.
- Homework 1 - The sides are numbered above 1, 2, 3, and 4. There are four sides. All sides are not same size but opposite sides are equal.
- Homework 2 - The sides are numbered above 1, 2, and 3. There are three sides.
- Homework 3 - Four angles numbered by letter A, B, C and D. All sides are not same length. All angels are not equal.
I tried to throw in some really messed up shapes here.
Math Skill Quizzes
Believe it or not, this is one of the more difficult quizzes for students at this level. I never saw that coming!