Skip Counting By 3s
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten - K.CC.A.2
What is Skip Counting? Skip counting is simply counting numbers by skipping more than one number in between. In skip counting, you need to skip the same count every time. If you are skip counting by 2s, then every time you need to count every second number. If you are skip counting by 3s, you will count the third number each time. Skip counting includes either counting forward by a number more than one or backward counting by a number more than 1. For instance, if you are skip counting by 2, it will appear like this: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14... Skip counting by 5s will look like this: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30.... Skip counting is one of the earliest methods of multiplication. Teaching skip counting can help children to hone basic numerical skills. Skip counting is helpful in different basic tasks, like dealing with money and telling time. Moreover, skip counting by 2s, 3s, 5s, and other multiples help children in doing addition, subtraction and multiplication efficiently and quickly. Mastering this early numeral skill is essential in excelling the advanced mathematical skills. These worksheets teach students to skip ahead by counting by threes.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Library Book Counts Step-by-Step Lesson- Find the missing sequence of the text book packs.
- Guided Lesson - Find the missing sequence for the computer mice. We also have a bunch of missing counting sequences by 3s.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - I like to just display it all as a repeated addition problem.
- Practice Worksheet - A nice mix with coffee cups, birthday candles, guitars, and toy flutes.
- Matching Worksheet - Use the matching column to find the sweet spot between of the counting sequences.
- Guided Walkthrough 1- Get all the bread in order.
- Butterflies Basic Guided Walkthrough 2- Counting is always better when butterflies are in involved. Is everything better with butterflies?
- Skip Counting By 3s Worksheet 2- Count the sets of corn and bunnies.
- Independent Practice Worksheet 2- This one is my favorite of the whole set.
- Little Nicky's Pencil Lesson- We count by seeing here with Little Nicky.
- Stars Worksheet - Use the visual of the stars as a guide to work on this skill.
- Skip Counting By 3s Table Worksheet- The boxes of the tables really help students focus on the skill.
- Step-by-step Walkthrough Guide- This should get this topic kicked off for you in the right way!
- Skip Counting By 3s Worksheet 1- We start and end at very random values.