Geometric Transformations within a Plane
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Congruence- HSG-CO.A.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Triangle Shuffle Step-by-step
Lesson - This one is pretty basic. We move six steps laterally
and 2 steps vertically.
- Guided Lesson -
Here we work on rotations around the coordinate grid, simple translations,
and point translations.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- It just struck me that I could have simplified things by added
arrows. On to the arrows.
- Practice Worksheet
- Three pages for students to work on independently.
- Matching Worksheet
- Make the new coordinates to the movements explained here.
- Transformations Five
Pack - Use the description of the triangle transformation to
draw the new triangle.
- Lines and Planes 5 Pack
- This is an advanced question set for your higher level learners.
- Triangle Transformations
Lesson and Practice - Anyone who has difficulty with this concept
should review this, it is very helpful.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
You determine the coordinates of shapes after they have undergone a translation of some sort.
I find that most kids have trouble understanding how objects translate up and to the left. Here you will find a bunch of practice questions on that specific topic.