Understanding Categories of Shapes
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Geometry - 3.G.1
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Name The Shape Step-by-step
Lesson- Let's play "Name That Shape!"
- Guided Lesson
- A ton of shapes to name, color, and identify the dimensions of
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- This is a long, long one page explanation.
- Practice Worksheet
- This is a great exercise. Includes working with circles, squares,
rectangles, triangles, rhombuses, pentagons, hexagons, cylinders,
cubes, cuboids, and parallelograms.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the shape to it's name.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
We start to introduce some really neat shapes into your world.
Did you know that a "dodecagon" fits into this standard? I didn't until began to write this section.