Partition Circles and Rectangles In Halves, Quarters, and Other Fractions
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 2 Geometry- 2.G.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Step-by-step Lesson- We teach
you the difference between halves and quarters by using a square.
- Guided Lesson
- We first ask you how parts shapes are broken into. We move on
to ask you how many of those shapes are shaded.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I find that numbering the parts helps a lot. You might want to
get students into that habit.
- Practice Worksheet
- Determine the fraction of each shape that is shaded.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the shaded shapes to their numeric or word based fraction.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
We start by breaking all kinds of common shapes into pieces and parts.
Now we start to ask students to identify the fraction that is right in front of them.