Big and Small
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Measurement - K.MD.A.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Turtles and Camels Step-by-Step Lesson- Which of the two animals are shorter? There is also
a rat in the mix.
- Guided Lesson - In
each instance find the bigger, longer, or shorter picture.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- The best way to explain this is to introduce the use of line lengths.
The longer the line the more true something is.
- Practice Worksheet -
This one is stretched over 4 pages. I like to give this to students
over several days to make sure they mastered the skill.
- Matching Worksheet
- Lots of letters in this one. Just match the letters that do what
- Underline the Largest
Shape Worksheet - Find the largest and smallest shape in each
- Big Blurs of Color
Worksheet - Throw up some boxes around the larger shapes.
- Color Me Big Worksheet
- I packed twenty-five problems into this one.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
- Mark the "Big Dog" Lesson- Who is the big dog in this set?
- Big and Small Worksheet - Circle the smallest thing in each box.
- Find Big and Small Worksheet- Find the ball that is larger and smaller pitcher for your water.
- Circle the Smaller Object Lesson - Butterflies we meet once again!
- Big and Small Step by Step Lesson- I find the legend/key to be very helpful for this skill.
- Mark the Smaller One Lesson- Which goat is the smallest?
- Longer and Smaller Worksheet- Longer is a difficult concept when it is being measured horizontally.
- Smaller, Longer Worksheet 2- The first one is obvious, but the second one loses some students.
- Big and Small Space Picture Lesson- This is as basic as it gets.