Estimating Length Measures Worksheets
Tips for Estimating Length Measures - Before you start teaching your students with measuring lengths of different objects, they should have varied practical experiments of the process of measuring. Given that there are things which are big and some are small, and some are too small to measure with a ruler. Kids should be able to measure objects at will before they go into different units of measurements. Once students are familiar with the art of measurement, they can follow the tips given below. Begin measuring with a standard unit to avoid confusion. After your students mastered ways of measurement, introduce different units of measurement. Learn the conversion of different units. For your students to truly learn the concept of measurement, they need to learn the conversion of units. Like, for instance, conversion from kg to gm or vice versa. The next step is for them to learn the estimation of length measures. They must be skilled enough to estimate the length or weight of any object by just looking at them. These worksheets and lessons will help students quickly gauge measurements of length.
Aligned Standard: 2.MD.3
- Pen Length Step-by-Step Lesson- Find the length of the pen.
- Guided Lesson - Which units fit the length of each object?
- Guided Lesson Explanation - I work on explaining it with relative size lengths of lines.
- Estimating Length 5 Pack - Match the units of measure and the objects.
- Practice Worksheet - More work on the units and length measures.
- Matching Worksheet - I mixed it up a bit by allowing for choices to be made in multiple choice situations.
- Answer Keys - These are for all the unlocked materials above.
Every number fits, but the units are what matters here.
- Homework 1 - Feet and meters are units that are used to measure bigger units of length.
- Homework 2 - All the measures differ only by the units used. So let's think of each measure.
- Homework 3 - Estimate the length (head to toe) of the lion.
Students should have an understanding of unit measures here. For example is a your shoe length closer to a meter or a foot.
- Practice 1 - Estimate the length of the object.
- Practice 2 - An inch is a measure of length of medium size object.
- Practice 3 - We are looking for a medium to large sized unit of length.
Math Skill Quizzes
You have to love to play circle your measure.
- Quiz 1 - We measure mostly larger objects here.
- Quiz 2 - Feet are appropriate for the height of people.
- Quiz 3 - Some of these objects are very large and require big units of measure.