Working with Tallies
Related To Common Core Standard:
Precursor to Kindergarten K.CC.B.5
Printable Worksheets and Lessons
- Counting Strawberries: Step-by-Step
Lesson- Count the number of strawberries that are in a row.
- Guided Worksheet - Make
tally counts of the hats, roses, and flashlights.
- Guided Explanation
- The diagonal line we draw to represent five is the biggest obstacle
- Independent Practice Worksheet
- Go ahead and count up everything you see. Tally ho!
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the number of items to their correct tally marks.
Answer Key- All the answer keys in one file.
What better way to start working with tallies than counting up a bunch of piglets?
The first 2 practice sheets come with extended explanations. I thought it was important to get students started off right.