Making Sums To Ten
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten - OA.4
How to Teach Making a Value of Ten - Being a teacher is not an easy job. We get it, and we also understand how sometimes everything gets overwhelming. Especially when you are a math teacher, you have lots of concepts that need to be taught. When you are teaching little kids, it is important that you stay engaging and logical to make them learn stuff. So how do you teach them to make ten? Its very simple! The first way you can use is to make them sing the counting song. Once they know the numbers, you have to give direction to their thinking. You can use different toys. Toys are probably the easiest ways of getting the attention of children. You can place toys into two groups and ask them to take 10 toys. Or you can take one group and ask them to add more till it becomes 10. Flashcards and tracing cards are amazing. Children are quite attracted to shiny, glittery things and when you show these flashcards, they are sure to come running eagerly to learn what they have to. Don’t forget to use worksheets. Help them count and draw different things in an odd amount. Then ask them to color only 10 objects. Here are some quick tips to help you in teaching mathematics to your students. Good luck! This selection of worksheets and lessons help students learn how to make sums to the value of ten.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Making Sums of Ten Step-by-step Lesson- This is the very basic start of algebra. Find the number that would make this number ten.
- Making Ten Guided Lesson - We look at visuals and addition sentences for the first time.
- Making Ten Guided Lesson Explanation- Sorry, I got a bit carried away with the explanation on some of these, but they are very thorough.
- Can't Start the Race without 10 Cars Worksheet - For any NASCAR fans out there! As you can tell by the name, I haven't caught many races, but they are fun to go to.
- Colors That Make 10 Worksheet - This was influenced by the balloon festival I went to last year. Thanks Quick Check! Good coffee too!
- Connect to Make 10 Puzzle - Connect the numbers that make a sum of ten.
- Making 10 Packs Worksheet - Math class finally pays off for your soup canning job.
- Making Ten Worksheet- We hit this for a wide variety of angles. See how you do. Students will learn to recognize addition sentences and create their own sums.
- Making Ten From Six Lesson - This is a big obstacle for some students. We show you every aspect through the use of a skipping numbers line.
- Add Numbers to Make 10 Guided Lesson- We see what it takes to make it all the way to ten. You will dream up the missing values to make it whole.
- How Many Do You Need to Make 10? Lesson- We are focused on apples in this one. Stories really help the skill along. The visuals do not hurt either.
- Making a Number Step by Step Lesson - This is a simple critical thinking word problem for kids. It might help to draw it out for yourself.
- Marks That Make 10 Worksheet- Check any cotton candy that makes ten. They are all addition statements for you to evaluate.
- Connect to Make 10 Worksheet- Put the two together that have a sum of ten. Funny thing is that only works for each.
- Making Ten Stars Guided Lesson- How many more stars do you need to make it happen? Drawing them can help you.
- Making 10 Packs Worksheet- A baker has to figure out how many breads are missing from the ten packs of bread. I'm not sure I hear the need for ten packs of bread. Maybe for restaurants.