Analyzing and Comparing Shapes
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Level - K.G.4, K.G.5, K.G.6
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Counting Corners and Sides of
Shapes Lesson- Learn what a corner and side is. Learn to count
- Shapes in the Big Apple
- Find the shapes in your everyday world. Well at least in the birthday
party in New York City.
- The Shapes of Sports
- Find all the shapes on a basketball court and a baseball field.
- Number of Corners and
Sides Worksheet - Practice all the skills that you learned in
- Name the 3 Dimensional
Shapes of the Objects - Find the 3-D shapes of everyday objects.
- Forming New Shapes from Old
Shapes - Another great one to stimulate critical thinking. We
give you shapes and ask you to create new shapes from them.
- Find the Shapes In The Pictures
- There are shapes hidden (not really) in a panda and airplane.
Find them and number them.
- Shapes on the Tea Cup Worksheet
- Count how many of each type of shape appears on the cup of tea.
View Answer Keys- All the answers to this shape unit. Some of the questions are free response, that is noted.
- Counting Corners and Sides of Shapes Worksheet- We throw a shape at you and ask you to count the number of corners and sides.
- Counting Corners and Sides Guided Explanation 1 - One of the best ways to work on shapes and remembering their names is to work on Greek prefixes.
- Counting Corners and Sides Guided Explanation 2 - We go from a hexagon to a pentagon here.
- Finding and Recognizing Shapes Independent Worksheet - How many different shapes can you find in the car, light house, and church scene.
- Introducing Basic 3d Shapes Lesson- I have no idea why I numbered them. Now I do! To help with class discussions.
- Identifying Shapes from an Image Guided Lesson- Who would of knew that a gingerbread house could be the center of discussion for this skill.
- Identifying Object Shapes Worksheet- I want you to describe the overall shape, not all the shapes you see.
- Counting Corners and Sides of Shapes Lesson- Starting to work on corners and sides is just second nature with using a triangle.
- Matching Shapes to Names Worksheet - Not a topic is complete without a special matching section.