Addition and Subtracting to 5
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Level - K.OA.5
Tips for Addition and Subtracting to 5 - Adding and subtracting numbers to a single digit is an important calculation but needs focus. To teach children with different ways to tackle addition and subtraction to 5, you need to keep few things in mind. The few things are as follows. You can use different shapes and things for the addition and subtraction of numbers. You can also use words like "add on" for addition and "taken off" for subtracting numbers. You can use real-life examples to build not only the understanding of addition and subtraction but also understand the basis of word problems. These worksheets and lessons teach students how to add and subtract up to the number five.
Examples Of The Worksheet Problems:
1. Add the integers 1 and 4. 2. 4 - 2 3. Circle two math sentences that mean the same thing: 1 + 3, 2 + 3, 5 - 1
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Adding and Subtracting Up to 5 Guided Lesson- Work with gingerbread men to master this skill. We walk you through it.
- Guided Lesson Work -
Five assorted problems to meet this skill for the first time.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We use the counting method to move between addition and
- Addition Facts to
5 Practice Worksheet - Simple vertical practice work for
- Subtraction Facts to 5 Practice Worksheet - Somewhat of a retouch of above. Just simple practice.
- Turtle Coloring Puzzle Worksheet - Color the turtle based on your calculations. This is a fun one.
- Addition and Subtraction Numbers Trail- Follow the trail of adding and subtracting.
- Adding and Subtracting Up to 5 Guided Lesson- You can use the numbers line to advance you to this level. Arrows also help.
- Adding Up to 5 Step by Step Lesson - Find the total number of gingerbread men. Sum it all up for me.
- Find Equal Equations Worksheet- At this level, this can be considered a critical thinking worksheet.
- Addition Facts to 5 Practice Worksheet - We add just about every possible number scenario to hit a total of 5.
- Addition Horizontal Worksheet- The orientation of the problem can really affect how well students can respond.
- Subtraction Horizontal Worksheet- We subtract left to right in this set.
- Mark the Same Thing Guided Lesson Explanation- Find out which sums result in the same outcome.
- Subtraction Facts to 5 Practice Worksheet- Same as the previous "to 5 page", but with differences.
- Subtracting Up to 5 Lesson- I like to introduce the cross out method at this level.