Addition and Subtracting to 5
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Kindergarten Level - K.OA.5
Examples Of The Worksheet Problems:
1. Add the integers 1 and 4.
2. 4 - 2
3. Circle two math sentences that mean the same thing: 1 + 3, 2 + 3, 5 - 1
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Adding and Subtracting Up
to 5 Guided Lesson- Work with gingerbread men to master
this skill. We walk you through it.
- Guided Lesson Work -
Five assorted problems to meet this skill for the first time.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We use the counting method to move between addition and
- Addition Facts to
5 Practice Worksheet - Simple vertical practice work for
- Subtraction Facts to 5 Practice Worksheet - Somewhat of a retouch of above. Just simple practice.
- Turtle Coloring Puzzle Worksheet - Color the turtle based on your calculations. This is a fun one.
- Addition and Subtraction Numbers Trail- Follow the trail of adding and subtracting.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
- Adding and Subtracting Up to 5 Guided Lesson- You can use the numbers line to advance you to this level. Arrows also help.
- Adding Up to 5 Step by Step Lesson - Find the total number of gingerbread men. Sum it all up for me.
- Find Equal Equations Worksheet- At this level, this can be considered a critical thinking worksheet.
- Addition Facts to 5 Practice Worksheet - We add just about every possible number scenario to hit a total of 5.
- Addition Horizontal Worksheet- The orientation of the problem can really affect how well students can respond.
- Subtraction Horizontal Worksheet- We subtract left to right in this set.
- Mark the Same Thing Guided Lesson Explanation- Find out which sums result in the same outcome.
- Subtraction Facts to 5 Practice Worksheet- Same as the previous "to 5 page", but with differences.
- Subtracting Up to 5 Lesson- I like to introduce the cross out method at this level.