Kwanzaa Math Worksheets
What is Kwanzaa? Like other celebrations held in the US, one of the most notable celebrations is the Kwanzaa. Every year, the Kwanzaa is celebrated for seven days in the United States to honor universal African heritage and culture. It takes place from December 26th to January 1st. To take part in the happiness, the Non-African Americans also celebrate the Kwanzaa. The first-ever Kwanzaa was celebrated from 1966-1967. Many people decorate their homes with African art and the traditional colors of green, black, and red. People also wear traditional African clothing. The women wear a colorful wrap, which is known as Kaftan, while men wear colorful shirts called Dashiki paired with a hat called Kufi. The most important tradition of the Kwanzaa is the lighting of Kinara. It is a candle holder with seven candles. On the last day of Kwanzaa, the families get together for a large feast, which is known as Karamu. Sometimes, Karamu is also celebrated in local churches or community centers to enjoy the traditional African dishes. Perfect for the December holiday season. We incorporated a wide range of themes that will help your students work through the Math Standards.
Sheets Sorted By Common Core Skill
- Choosing Differences during Kwanzaa(K.MD.B.3.N.3) - Choose the different object in each group.
- Converting from Expanded Form(2.NBT.A.3.M.13) - Write the following numbers in standard form.
- Kwanzaa Geometry - Halves, Quarters, Fourths(2.G.3) - Shapes can be divided into equal parts. Look at the circles and rectangles below and choose or color in the correct answer.
- Kwanzaa Multiplication Equations(4.OA.1) - Interpret the answer for each multiplication equation by carefully reading each multiplicative comparison.
- Reducing Fractions(4.NF.A.1.Q.4) - Reduce the fractions to the lowest terms.
- Converting between Celsius & Fahrenheit(6.EE.A.2c.Y. 10) - Convert the following temperatures between celsius and fahrenheit. Estimate your answers.
- Kwanzaa Roots(8.EE.A.2) - Look at each problem and calculate the square or cubed root. Write out the entire numerical expression when calculating your answer.
- Rules of Function Tables(8.F.B.4.V.4) - Find the rule for each function table.
Core Aligned and Leveled Collection
- Addition with Sums up to 10(K.OA.A.1.I.8) - Solve the following addition problems.
- Tall and Short(K.MD.A.1.Q.2) - Choose the correct answer for the following taller and shorter problems.
- Planar & Solid Figures(K.G.B.4.S.5) - Choose the shape planar shape that matches the solid shape.
- Converting between Tens and Ones(1.NBT.B.2a.I.4) - Solve the following by converting between tens and ones as instructed.
- Finding ways to make up a Number using Subtraction(1.OA.C.6.D.5) - Choose the correct answer for the following subtraction problems.
- Kwanzaa Comparing Review(1.MD.C.4.G.1) - Are there more candles or flags?
- Balanced Equations up to 20(2.OA.A.1.G.10) - Balance the following equations.
- Addition & Subtraction Inequalities(2.NBT.B.9.K.5) - Solve the following inequality problems. Write the sign on the line.
- Completing Division Tables(3.OA.A.2.G.13) - Complete the following division tables.
- Fractions on Number Lines(3.NF.A.2b.S.4) - Write the fraction that represents the dot on each number line.
- Compare Area & Perimeter of 2 Figures(3.MD.D.8.R.14) - Compare the area or perimeter of the shapes and mark your answer.
- Rounding Numbers(3.NBT.A.1.L.1) - Round the following numbers as instructed.
- Finding the Missing Factors(4.OA.A.1.D.2) - Find the missing factors.
- Kwanzaa Story Problems(4.OA.2 ) - Kwanzaa is a relatively new holiday, and began in 1966. It is the first official African-American holiday, and is a week-long celebration of AfricanAmerican culture and heritage.
- Estimate Angle Measurements(4.MD.C.5b.P.14) - Choose the best estimate for the following angles.
- Understanding Decimals Expressed in Words(5.NBT.A.3a.C.2) - Write the decimal that expressed in words.
- Finding Inequalities With Adding & Subtracting Mixed Numbers(5.NF.A.1.M.16) - Solve for the following addition and subtraction mixed number inequalities.
- Writing Variable Expressions(5.OA.A.2.Q.2) - Write a variable expression for the following.
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, & Dividing Decimals(6.NS.B.3.X.4) - Solve for the following addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division decimal problems.
- Review of Coordinate Graphs(6.G.A.3.Q.1) - Determine the what quadrant each of coordinate points would be placed.
- Ratio Tables(6.R.P.A.3a. AA .2) - Compete the ratio tables.
- Integer Addition & Subtraction Rules(7.NS.A.1b.E.1) - Choose the correct answer for the following addition & subtraction problems by using the rules of addition and subtraction.
- Calculating Circles Area, Circumference, Diameter, & Radius(7.GB.4.P.22) - The radius of the circle is 6mm. What is the diameter?
- Probability Worksheet(7.SP.C.5.Z.1) - Bryant has been selected to carry a candle in the Kwanzaa celebration at the local community center. There will be six other children carrying candles. There are 3 green candles. If candles are randomly selected, what is the probability of Bryant carrying a green candle?