Manipulating the Graphs of Functions
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
High School Building Functions- HSF-BF.B.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Graph Changes Step-by-step
Lesson- If you change the value of the y-intercept, how does
it change the graph of the function?
- Guided Lesson
- It is really neat to work this through with kids on a graphing
calculator, so they can instantly see the difference.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I use to have kids make moving line flip books to illustrate this.
It's a fun activity!
- Practice Worksheet
- A true mix of changes that students must evaluate at every corner.
- Matching Worksheet
- Looking back, I did truly over explain some of these.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
There are a great number of variables to digest here with these problems.
Understanding the value and trends of the slope of the line are truly key here.