Measure Area By Counting Units
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 3 Measurement - 3.MD.7
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Using Units Step-by-step
Lesson- Use one repeated unit to determine the area of the entire
structure. This lends itself to all forms of geometry.
- Guided Lesson
- You first find the total area of a figure with repeated units
and then you find the area of one unit of a large figure.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We break it all down for you. This is one that you will want to
- Practice Worksheet
- Half of the worksheet involves finding total area of a figure.
The other half is finding one unit of the figure.
- Matching Worksheet
- Match the areas to the rectangles they discuss.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
I do this every time I need to tile my bathroom.
If you ever work on your own home, this skill will be so useful to have.