Partitioning Circles and Rectangles
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 1 Operations- 1.G.3
- Halves and Quarters Step-by-step
Lesson- Students learn the difference between halves and quarters.
Great to start to work towards symmetry skills.
- Labeling Halves and Quarters Guided
Lesson - We give you three sets of objects and we ask you what
they are broken into.
- Broken Pieces Guided Lesson Explanation
- Might have gone a bit overboard on the explanation front.
- Cut Me In Two Worksheet -
We lay the groundwork to start understanding the concept of symmetry.
- Color One Half Worksheet
- The alien outline is the best drawing I have made in years.
- Equal Halves Worksheet
- Determine equal halves of objects in minutes.
- Cut Into Halves and Quarters
- We give you a shape and ask you to get in touch with your inner
- Matching Parts of Shapes
- I love this sheet. It really helps kids master the skill. We take
just a piece of the shape.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
We split all types of things into halves and quarters here.
- Identify Shape Guided Lesson 1 - Just because there are two lines doesn't mean that you have quarters.
- Partitioning Circles Step-by-step Lesson 1 - Identify halves.
- Partitioning Rectangles Lesson 2
- Partitioning Circles - Lesson 3
These lead us directly to symmetry which is a key skill at all levels of geometry.