Missing Digit Subtraction
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 2 Operations - Related to 2.NBT.B.7
How Can Missing Digit Subtraction Lead to Algebra Skills - Missing digits are a real problem when it comes to solving them. Since you are stuck with the problem and you have to solve it, you need to figure out a way to find the solution to the problem. Before we start with understanding how missing digits and algebra connect in any way. Let's find out what is a missing digit subtraction. A missing digit subtraction is the problem of a number that doesn't have both the solving numbers in the problem. The above is the example of a missing digit problem. Now in the given number, what you have to do is reform the above problem in a way that answers to the problem, and the given complete number lies together and the other with a missing digit on the other side. Now subtract each digit of the problem to find the get the missing digit answer. These worksheets and lessons help students take a baby step toward algebra by teaching them how to find missing values in subtraction problems.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Get Hooked! Lesson- One of my all time favorite clips.
- Moo! Guided Lesson - All levels of difficulty are challenged here.
- Zebra Guided Lesson Explanation - Each successive problem takes longer to explain.
- Horizontal Mystery Differences - All missing answers are left of the equals sign.
- Double Digit Vertical - Fill in all the missing eggs!
Two Digit Practice Sheets
Each sheet has a subtle adjustment made to it to help echo the skill.
- Mystery Differences 2 - Find the missing digit that will correctly complete the problem.
- Vertical Subtraction - Write the missing digits on the lines to solve.
- Box Subtraction - Following the same strategy we used in problem #1, we can rewrite the equation.
- Cloud Differences - Work through all of these problems.
Triple Digit Worksheets
They are all in a vertical orientation.