Two Digit from Three Digit Subtraction
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 2 Operations - 2.NBT.B.7
How to Subtract a Two Digit from Three Digit Value? When you are teaching your children about subtraction, you need to be extra careful when you are subtracting a 2-digit number from a 3-digit one. Your child must know about the concept of place values expertly. Since we will place the value ones and tens of the 2-digit value below of those from the 3-digit ones. Take for example the difference between 231 and 26. In these situations you need to focus on the numbers you need to borrow. For instance, we needed to borrow from 3, since one is less than 6. Keep practicing and the kids will get the hang of it. A collection of worksheets and lessons that shows students how to find the difference between a three and two digit value.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Solving Problems With Place Values Step-by-Step Lesson- The concept of place values begins to open up.
- Guided Lesson - We borrow only on the second problem to make this skill not seem too intimidating to start.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - No borrow until the last problem, but everyone needs to borrow at that point.
- Practice Worksheet - I didn't really use all the space to make it more like a test question.
- Matching Worksheet - Find the matching big old differences.
- Worksheet Five Pack - Each of the pages of the five pack only has eight problems.
- Two-Digit from Three-Digit Subtraction Five Pack - Needs some drill sheets for this skill? Look no further than this pack.
- Yet Another Five Pack - I had so many requests, that I just decided to continue to make the 5 packs until the requests died out.
We go with the left to right orientation here. Once they have that down, vertical format is a luxury for them.
- Homework 1 - These are setup in a horizontal fashion with bold numbers.
- Homework 2 - The numbers are even bolder now.
- Homework 3 - This should make it easier to track and follow through it.
A standard setup here for your students.