Finding Percent of Fractions Word Problems
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 7 Ratios - 7.RP.A.3
How Do You Find Percentages of Fractions? Typically, fractions are identified by two numbers written on either side of an oblique. The number written on the upper side is known as the numerator, and the one written below is the denominator. The denominator shows the number of parts comprising a whole, and the numerator represents number of those parts. For example, the fraction 4/7 represents the seven parts forming one whole, and this fraction has four parts. If you wanted to calculate the percentage of this fraction, we need to know how to do the decimal conversion of the percentage and how to multiply decimal form by a fraction. We divide the given percentage value by 100 to get the decimal form. For example, for finding 20 percentage of 5/7, we will first divide 20 by 100 to have 0.2. then, we will multiply the decimal value by the numerator of your fraction. For this example, multiply 0.2 by 5 to have 1. Now, substitute the obtained result over the denominator. For this example, we will put 1 over 7 to get 1/7 equals 20 percent of 5/7. An excellent collection of worksheets and lessons that help students learn how to solve advanced word problems.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Step By Step Lesson- David is learning to walk the tightrope pretty successfully. Thanks to the trampoline below.
- Guided Lesson - Barbara and her need to make origami animals.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - I'm pretty sure nothing made of paper lives under water.
- Worksheet 1 - A simple fraction to percentage conversion.
- Worksheet 2 - Make sure to read the problems carefully, usually you need to do some conversion operations, but not every time.
McCullum works in a multinational company as a manager. He has lots of problems for you.
- Homework 1 - McCullum works in a multi‐national company as a manager. He saves 2/5 of his salary monthly, what percent of his salary does he save monthly?
- Homework 2 - There are purple and orange colored balls in a box. If 3/5 of the balls are orange colored, what is the percent of orange balls in the box?
- Homework 3 - Renner followed a diet plan and lost 3/25 of his weight in 10 weeks, what percent of the weight did he lose?
What a huge hog pog of question forms here.
- Practice 1 - A company is recruiting fresh graduates. If 13/20 of the total vacancies are in the HR department, what percent of the total total vacancies are in HR department?
- Practice 2 - Kris spends 1/20 of his monthly income on shopping. What percent of the monthly income does he spend on shopping?
- Practice 3 - Williams had dinner with his family in a restaurant last night. He gave 3/20 of the amount of bill as tip to the waiter, what percent of the amount of bills did he pay as tip?
Math Skill Quizzes
You will get a real brain workout with these guys.
- Quiz 1 - Shailene is painting her room. If she completes 3/5 of her work in three hours, what percent of work does she complete in three hours?
- Quiz 2 - Maggie and Christian contested for the position of vice‐president of a society . If 31/40 of the total voters voted for Maggie, what percent of total votes did Maggie get?