Percentages and Number Lines
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 7 Ratios - 7.RP.A.3
How to Display Percentages on Number Lines - You know what number lines are, right? Just like different math tools, a number line is a tool that is used for solving questions easily. Here is a quick review of what number lines are! The placement of numbers on a straight line in a series that starts from the smallest number and goes up to the biggest number is known as a number line. The numbers on the number line don't always have to start from zero, the main rule of the number line is that the numbers are always placed in an order. Just like we place numbers on a number line, percentages are also placed in the same way. Starting from the smallest value, the positives are placed on the right side of the number line while the negative value is placed on the left side of the number line. The worksheets and lessons can be used to show you a relative position of a percentage value expressed on a number line.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Step By Step Lesson- We look at Charlie's baseball card collection, I am assuming here.
- Guided Lesson - Where the heck on this number line do those fractions go?
- Guided Lesson Explanation - Don't forget that the bottom problems are asking you to compare the values.
- Percents & Fractions Number Line: Worksheet 1 - Where do all those fractions go? Hint: thinking of them as percentages really helps a bunch.
- Percents & Fractions Number Line: Worksheet 2 - You might need to read these problems slowly and carefully.
Henry has a big fish tank. Parker loves to adopt pets from the shelter. Animal Number Lines anyone?
- Homework 1 - Henry has a big fish tank. If he has 20 blue fish, which represents 55% of the fish in his tank, how many fish does he have in all?
- Homework 2 - Johnny is the manager of a zoo. If 30% of his zoo animals are birds and he has 98 birds, how many animals does he have in all?
- Homework 3 - Annabell loves to collect rings. She has 8 ring with a rose quartz centerpiece, which is 20% of her collection. How many rings does she have in all?
Mikayla and her class were on a treasure hunt and a bunch of other interesting things too.
Math Skill Quizzes
A Number Line Activity and Business Number Lines.
- Quiz 1 - Paul loves to be active. If 30% of his daily activity consists of walking and he walks 90 minutes per day, how many minutes of exercise does he do in all?
- Quiz 2 - Tommy, the owner of The Great Slice, makes pizza all day, every day. If 80% of the pizzas he makes is pepperoni and he makes 40 pepperoni pizzas, how many pizzas does he make every day?