Multiplication 3 by 2 Digit (In Grid)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 4 Numbers - 4.NBT.B.5
Tips for Learning Your Times Tables - Most adults wonder if there is any way of making times tables learning easier and fun. Memorizing times tables helps kids in mastering advanced mathematical skills. Also, times tables are helpful in many real-life situations. Here we have discussed some ways that will make learning times tables fun for your kids MAKE TIMES TABLES POSTERS/ CHARTS - Kids quickly learn those things that they often see and are visually appealing. You can employ this tip in creating times tables charts. Draw a large square and divide it into 10 columns and 10 rows. This way you will get 100 small squares. Now, write numbers from 1 to 10 in columns from left to right. Similarly, write numbers from 1 to 10 in each row from top to bottom. Next, multiply the numbers written in each column corresponding to the number written in each row. For example, row 3 and column 2 will be equal to 6, as 2 times 3 is 6. SKIP COUNTING - The skill of counting every second or third number comes handy in learning times tables. This is called as skip counting. In fact, times tables and skip counting are done in the same way. For example, if you are skip counting to 3, then it would mean 3, 6, 9, 12, 15. It is the same as the times table of three. If your child struggles with multiplication, use skip counting to help learn times tables. Students will learn how to multiply three-digit by two-digit values with these worksheets and lessons in a grid style background.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Grid It Up Step-by-Step Lesson- Checker board math always makes life more fun.
- Guided Lesson - These grids are a bit smaller than previous versions.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - Remember to carry and drop the zeroes, when needed.
- Matching Sheet - Find all the products that match up with operations.
- Practice Worksheet - You might need to use the space on the right, that's why it's there.
- Three-Digit with Single, Double, and Triple Digit 5 Pack - Great for a quick review sheet anytime.
- Double Times Triple Digit Multiplication 5 Pack - Just focused on the core skill of this section.
- Triple and Double Digit Multiplication Lesson and Practice - A nice explanation accompanies this one.
- Double Times Triple Digit Practice Worksheet - A really boxy worksheet for you to work with.
We use the grids again, but this time the numbers are huge.
- Homework 1 - When we use the variable x it represents a 0 holding the place value it is in.
- Homework 2 - This is a fat bold line to really stand out from the pack.
- Homework 3 - These problems will get you into a rhythm and and sort of a flow.
These are great route activity sheets for you to play with and practice.
Math Skill Quizzes
It can take some kids a long time to finish these.