1 to Many Group Matching
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Precursor to Kindergarten - K.CC.B.5
How to Compare Two Groups - We all know quite a lot of mathematical definitions, don't we? Well, here are a few more. We'll make sure that we explain to you in as simple words as possible. Have you heard of the word "compare?" You must have. But do you know the meaning of the word? Well, let us explain. Consider that there are five people in a room. Two of them are girls and three of them are boys. To tell people that the number of girls is less than the number of boys, we say that boys are more as compared to girls. Now divide the two girls and three boys into two groups, such that boys are in one group and girls are in another. To say that one group has more people and the other has less, we say that one group of girls has fewer people than the group of boys. In essence, compare means to estimate or find dissimilarity between two groups, people, or things. These worksheets complement counting and observation skills.
Printable Worksheets and Lessons
- Dogs to Camels: Step-by-Step Lesson- Draw a line between the two groups that have the same number of animals.
- Guided Worksheet - This page will get students working on their counting and comparison skills.
- Guided Explanation - This was one of the most difficult things I had to explain in this section.
- Independent Practice Worksheet - The number 10 on the shirt might throw them off at first. Remind students to focus on the directions.
- Matching Worksheet - This one is perfect for reviewing the skill with a full class.
These worksheets are about finding groups of matching items.
- Lesson 1 - Count the objects on the left side. Count the objects in both groups on the right side.
- Lesson 2 - Count the objects on the left side. There are 5 top hats. Count the objects in both groups on the right side. The top group on right has 5 ice cream bars. The bottom group has 4 gingerbread‐men.
- Lesson 3 - Draw a line from the flowers to the blocks.
- Lesson 4 - The number of hearts on the left is the same as the number of boxes on right.
- Lesson 5 - Draw a line from the hearts to the witches hats.
As you go through these, you will find more problems.
Math Skill Quizzes
This is more of a counting quiz than anything else.
- Quiz 1 - How many things does each group have?