Counting Objects: 1-5 Worksheets
These worksheets help you learn how to perform simple object counts. We ask students to identify exact number of objects and multiple counts for groups.
Aligned Standard: K.CC.A.1
- Which One Has 2? Step-by-step Lesson- Count monkey heads and apples. Identify the group with 2.
- Guided Worksheet - Sort through groups of dinosaurs, camels, frogs, and birds in order to identify number sets.
- Guided Explanation - You will probably need to explain that, in math, there can be more than one right answer.
- Independent Practice Worksheet - The key to these problems is following the directions.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the sets to the number that shows how many objects are in the group.
- Answer Keys - These are for all the unlocked materials above.
Count objects in groups, and match them to other groups.
- HW 1 - Group 2 has only 2 bananas. Therefore, we have drawn a box around group 2. Group 1 has 5 hens, which is more than the number of objects in Group 2.
- HW 2 - Both Group 1 and Group 4 have exactly 3 objects. Draw a box around both of them.
- HW 3 - Circle the group that has the same number of objects as the number inside the box on the left.
These teach students to count in baby steps, without any prompts at all.
- Practice 1 - Group 1 has exactly 1 object. Draw a box around it.
- Practice 2 - Draw a check next to the number that matches the number of things in the group.
- Practice 3 - Count the number of hats.
Math Skill Quizzes
These work on object recognition. Students learn to find similarities among the things they are counting.
- Quiz 1 - Count the number objects in each section below.
- Quiz 2 - In the boxes, label how many of each animal is present in the farm, below.
- Quiz 3 - Circle the number in the boxes below that matches the number of birds.