Veteran's Day Worksheets
Right before Thanksgiving, we take time to celebrate those who gave their all for us. What is Veterans Day? Just like we celebrate Memorial Day, there is another day dedicated to the military veterans of America. The day is referred to as Veterans Day. Let's understand better as to why we celebrate this day! Every year, on the 11th of November, we dedicate a day to the Military Veterans. It is held to honor all the Veterans who struggled and serviced in the United States Armed Forces. Veterans Day is a federal holiday in the country. Many parades and services are held throughout the country to celebrate the sacrifices made by the Veterans and honor them for their services. A speech is also given each year by the president at Arlington National Cemetery to pay respects to the Veterans. Cities like New York, San Diego, and Dallas also host Veterans Day Parades. In events such as church services and football games, Veterans are asked to stand, and the crowd applauses with pride. The flag o the US is also waved to represent patriotism and support for the armed services. A moment of silence is observed at 11 am for remembering those who served. Countries other than the United States mark the end of World War I on the 11th of November. It is also known as Remembrance Day or Armistice Day. So, whenever you see a soldier on Veterans Day, make sure that you thank them personally for their bravery!
Themed Skill Sheets Sorted By Skill
- Veteran's Day Visual Transportation Differences(K.OA.A.1) - Solve the subtraction problems, using the pictures to help if needed.
- Hats off to Our Veterans(1.OA.B, 4.B.14) - Complete the following addition sentences.
- Division Input/ Output Tables(3.OA.A, 3.G.15) - Choose the correct rule for the following input / output tables.
- Submarine Angle Classification(4.G.A.1) - A sub travels in one direction, then changes direction. This causes an angle to form between the two lines of travel. Tell whether each angle is acute (less than 90 degrees), obtuse (between 90 degrees and 180 degrees), or right (exactly 90 degrees).
- The Air Force and Exponents(5.NBT.A.2) - The Air Force constantly uses exponents as a method to take inventory of many vital resources. Write each exponent in expanded form and then calculate the solution for each.
- Happy with Unit Rates & Equivalent Rates(6.RP.A.2.AA.8) - Find the equivalent rates.
- Parts of a Circle(7.G.B.4.P.21) - Identify the parts of a circle.
- Solving Equations Involving Squares and Square Roots(8.EE.C, 7b.U.6 ) - Solve the following square and square root problems.
Curriculum Aligned and Leveled Collection
- Counting Forward up to 20 (K.CC.A.2.D.10) - Write the numbers that come next in the empty boxes.
- Honoring Veterans by Adding with Pictures (K.OA.A.1.I.6) - Find the answer to the following addition problems.
- All Branches of the Military are Saluted by Identifying Shapes (KG.B.4.S.2) - Choose the correct answer to identify the shapes.
- Happy Deciding 10 More or Less (1.NBT.C.5.F.8) - Write the correct answer for the following.
- Comparisons (1.MD.C.4.G.1) - Are there more eagles or ribbons?
- Counting Sides and Vertices (1.G.A.1.K.5) - How many vertices does this shape have?
- Subtracting 1 Digit from 2 Digit Numbers (2.OA.B.2.F.4) - Solve the following subtraction problems.
- Thank You to Our Troops by Converting from Expanded Form (2.NBT.A.3.M.13) - Convert the numbers from expanded to standard form.
- Celebrating by Comparing Numbers up to 1,000 (2.NBT.A.4.B.3) - Where do these integers fall?
- Saluting Veterans by Reducing Fractions to Lowest Terms(3.NF.A.3b.S.11) - Reduce the following fractions to lowest terms.
- Finding Area of Rectangles(3.MD.C.7b.R.10) - Find the area of the rectangles.
- Solving Problems using Price list with Multiplication(4.OA.A.2.M.7) - Use the price list to solve for the following problems.
- Estimating Differences(4.NBT.A.3.C.6) - Round numbers as instructed and subtract.
- Add & Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators (4.NF.B.3b.R.1) - The like values make it a little easier.
- Comparing Areas & Perimeters(4.MD.A.3.P.21) - Evaluate the figures and determine which has the largest area or perimeter as instructed.
- Place Value in Decimals (5.NBT.A.1.C.3) - Answer the following place value with decimals questions
- Finding Volume of Cubes & Rectangular Prisms (5.MD.C.5b.B25) - Find the volume for the following cubes and rectangular prisms.
- Number of Sides in Polygons (5.G.B.4.B.5) - Write the number of sides for the following polygons.
- Multiplying Decimals (6.NS.B.3.O.1) - Solve the following multiplication of decimal problems.
- Exponents to Solve for Variables (6.EE.A.1.E.3) - Solve the following exponent problems to solve for the variable.
- Veterans Day at Brighton Elementary School(7.EE.B.3) - Veteran's Day is an important holiday when we honor the men and women who have served honorable in the United States military. At Brighton Elementary School, there is going to be a big Veteran's Day presentation. The students and teachers are working hard to make this a great event.
- Solving Proportions(7.RP.A2c.J.8) - Solve the following proportion problems.
- Scientific Notation (7.EE.B.3.A.8) - Solve for the following scientific notation problems.
- Comparing Numbers Written in Scientific Notations (8.EE.A.3.G.2) - Compare the following scientific notations and standard form numbers.
- Write a Rule for the Function Table (8.F.A.2.V.4) - Think this one through.
- Finding Missing Angles in Triangles & Quadrilaterals (8.G.A.5.Q.6) - Find the missing angles.