Mother's Day Worksheets
It's time to say thanks to mom for all that she does. While we are at it, why not impress her with all of your wonderful math skills? Here are a real nice mix of sheets all themed to this holiday. This holiday is celebrated on the second Sunday of every May. Fun Facts About Mother's Day - Just like we have days specially marked for honoring fathers and grandparents, one of the most important days around the year is Mother's Day. The traditions of celebrating Mother's Day began in the United States in the early 1900s. Mother's Day is a day specified to mark the importance of mothers and their influence in society. It is a day to celebrate the bonds children with their mothers and motherhood itself. Here are some fun facts about Mother's Day: 1. Mother's Day is the third most popular holiday after Christmas and Easter. 2. The first-ever Mother's Day was celebrated by Anna Jarvis in 1908. She honored her mother, Ann Jarvis, with a memorial. Ann Jarvis had established a committee for reuniting families after the Civil War. But she passed away before Mother's Day became a holiday. 3. On Mother's Day, about a quarter of the entire world's flowers are bought. 4. The first thing that a baby can vocalize is the word "ma." So, in the majority of the languages, the word mother begins with the letter "m." 5. The most bought gifts for Mother's Day is the greeting card.
Themed Skill Sheets Sorted By Common Core Skill
- Showering Mom with Gifts by Subtracting(1.OA.A.1.D.2) - Count the gifts that are taken away.
- Comparing Objects by Length & Height (1.MD.A.1.N.2) - Which vase of flowers is the shortest?
- A Gift Solving Area of a Rectangle Problems (3.MD.C.7a.R.10 ) - Find the area of the following rectangles.
- Gifts for Mom Word Problems(4.MD.2) - Three brothers each bought a Mother’s day gift for their mom. Calculate the volume and surface area of each brother's gift.
- Show Your Mom What You're Made of by Writing Variable Expressions(5.OA.A.2.Q.2) - Write a variable expression for the following problems.
- Unwrapping Equations (6.EE.A.2c.P.2) - Solve for the following equations.
- Solving Word Based Equations(7.EE.B.4a) - Your mother is great and loves to help you when she can. Take the instructions that your mother reads to you and write them in equation form and then solve. The first one is done for you.
- Taking Mom to a Mother's Day Dinner (Stem-and-Leaf Plot Interpretation)(8.SP.A.4.N.8) - What was the most frequent number of students that said they took their moms to an Italian Restaurant for Mother's Day?
Core Aligned and Leveled Collection
- Loving Mommy Ordering Numbers to 30 (K.MD.B.3.N.7) - Write the numbers in the hearts in order from Least to Greatest.
- Bearly Love Counting Sides and Corners (K.G.B.4.S.6) - How many corners does this shape have?
- Mother's Day Subtractions (K.OA.A.5.J.2) - Solve the following subtraction problems.
- Flowery Comparisons(1.NBT.B.3.G.3) - Which answer makes the following true?
- Mother's Day Sequencing Practice(1.OA.C.5.A.17) - Write the missing number in each of the sequencing problems.
- Sara and Ella Are Getting Ready(2.OA.1) - The sisters are making Mom a homemade card for Mother’s Day. Sarah is decorating the front of the card with sparkly stickers, and Ella is decorating the back. When they are finished, Ella has used 13 stickers on her side. There are 34 stickers on the card. How many stickers did Sarah use?
- Happy Adding and Subtracting Money(2.MD.A.1.N.2) - Answer the following adding and subtracting money problems.
- Flowery Adding Multiples of 100(2.NBT.B.8.I.1. ) - Solve the following Multiples of 100 Addition Problems.
- Tree Comparing Numbers up to 1,000 (2.NBT.A.4.B.3) - Choose the correct answer that makes the statement true.
- Missing Factors Practice(3.OA.A.4.E.4) - Find the missing factors.
- Flowers for Mom by Converting from Expanded Form(3.NBT.A.2.B.7) - Convert the following from expanded form to standard form.
- Per-Fect Present for Mom Mixed Operation Inequalities(4.NBT.A.2.F.9) - Choose the correct answer for the following inequalities.
- Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers(4.NF.B.4a.S.1 ) - Solve for the following multiplying fractions by whole number problems. Simplify your answer to the lowest terms.
- Buy a Present(4.MD.A.2.M/5) - Marcus bought his mother a bracelet. The bracelet cost $12.64. He gave the salesman $15.00. How much change did Marcus receive?
- Mother's Day Bigger Worksheet(4.MD.1) - You are baking a cake for your mom on Mother's Day. The recipe calls for several different ingredients. Take a look at the ingredients below and circle the larger (or bigger) amount of each ingredient.
- Loving Mom by Dividing Fractions by Whole Numbers (5.NF.B.3.O.1) - Solve the following dividing fractions by whole number problems.
- Roses for Mom Multiplying Fractions Worksheet (5.NF.B.6.N.6) - Solve the following multiplication fraction problems.
- Flutter into Mom's Day with Regular & Irregular Polygons (5.GB.4.B.4) - Determine if the following are regular or irregular polygons.
- Buying Mom A Gift For Mom(6.RP.A.3c.G.7) - Solve the following word problems for real world problems involving percentages.
- Temperature Problems(6.NS.C.5.Y.9) - The temperature on Saturday was 75 degrees.The temperature on Sunday was 85 degrees. How much did the temperature change between the two days?
- Mom Loves Teddy Bears and Dividing Decimals(7.NS.A.2c.C.5) - Not so simple decimal quotients.
- Finding Missing Number for Mean, Median, Mode & Range(7.SP.B.3.AA.3) - Ms. Randall took a survey of a few of her students. How many minutes they spent on choosing the gift they are getting their mother for Mother's Day? This is what she found.
- Mom Deserves Flowers & For You to Practice Measuring Angles(7.GB.5.P.4 ) - The measure of an angle is 34 degrees. What is the measure of a complementary angle?
- Pretty Gifts for Mom and the Pythagorean Theorem: Finding the Hypotenuse(8.GB.7.O.1) - Find the missing hypotenuse for the following by using the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Sending Cards and Practicing Similar Solids(8.GA.4.Q.31) - Find the missing side for the following similar solids.
- Estimating the cube roots of Gifts(8.NS.A.2.F.19) - Solve for the following cube root problems.