Memorial Day Worksheets
Why is there a Memorial Day? We have heard about the Memorial Day, but do you know what we celebrate this day? Let's take a look! In the United States, a national holiday for paying respects to our national heroes is observed every year. Since they gave their life away for our country, the day is known as Memorial Day. Memorial Day is celebrated on the last Monday of May each year. Every individual has their own way of paying respects to the martyrs. Memorial Day began as a day to honor the fallen soldiers during the Civil War. The first time, this day was officially observed in 1868 when Decoration Day was observed. In 1967, the name was changed to Memorial Day. Every year, the National Memorial Day concert is held on the lawn in front of the US Capitol. Dressing up in the flag's colors, children wave flags, and a parade in Ironton, Ohio, takes place every year too. The final Monday of May is dedicated to men and women that gave their lives to defend our country. The worksheets below should help to correlate with this holiday.
Themed Skill Sheets Sorted By Common Core Skill
- Flying High on by Regrouping through Addition(1.NBT.C.4.B.25 ) - Solve the following addition regrouping problems.
- Memorial Day Addition and Subtraction(2.OA.1) - Memorial Day is about remembering the troops and those who have fought to keep us safe.
- Rounding(4.OA.A.3.A.6) - Round the following numbers as instructed.
- Musical Celebration Identifying the Number of Sides in Polygons(5.GB. 4.B.5) - Answer the following questions regarding how many sides of each polygon.
- Memorial Day Measurement Conversion(5.MD.1) - In the field, soldiers must understand distances between objects. Help out by completing this table of distance conversions.
- Memorial Day Coordinates(6.NS.C.6c) - Plot the soldier's locations (page 2) in the field below. Answer the questions based on those locations.
- Evaluating Multiple Variable Expressions(6.EE.A.2c.P7) - Solve for the following expressions.
- Finding the Missing Leg Length(8.GB.7.0.2) - Find the missing leg length for the following triangles.
Core Aligned and Leveled Collection
- Celebrating by Comparing Size, Weight, & Capacity(K.MD.A.2.Q.5 ) - Which grill will hold the most hamburgers?
- Top, Middle, & Left Identification(K.GA.1.K.3) - Which of the following pictures is located in the middle?
- Celebration Comparing Numbers up to Ten - K.CC.C.7.G.5) - Select the correct answer to the following comparison questions.
- Counting Forward & Backward (1.OA.C.5.A.10) - Counting up from 13, which number comes next?
- Happy with Adding and Subtraction Sentences(1.OA.D.7.F.7) - Answer the following addition and subtracting problems by answering true or false.
- Writing Subtraction Sentences(2.OA.A.1.H.11) - Mrs. Sandford has 74 military helmets to share with the other 2nd grade teachers. She gave 21 helmets to Ms. Brown. How many helmets does Mrs. Sandford have left to share with Mr. Grant?
- Celebrating by Identifying Fractions(2.GA.3.U.3) - What part of the shape is shaded blue?
- Honoring the Military on by Solving Inequalities with Addition and Subtraction (2.NBT.B.9.K.5) - Choose the correct inequality sign to make each statement true.
- Loving by Putting Numbers in Order to 1,000 (2.NBT.A.4.B.5) - Put the numbers in order from least to greatest.
- Celebrating America on by Balancing Subtraction Equations(3.NBT.A.2.D.5) - Choose the answer that makes the statement true.
- Saluting the Military on by Reading Clocks and Writing Times(3.MD.A.1.O.1 ) - Look at the clocks and write the correct time.
- Thanking Veterans by Solving Variables with Multiplication & Division (3.OA.D.8.K.3 ) - Solve the following multiplication and division variable problems.
- Giving a Hoot(4.NBT.B.5.D.10) - Fill in the missing steps to the multiplication problems.
- Reducing Fraction to Lowest Terms(4.NF.A.1.Q.4) - Reduce the following fractions to the lowest terms.
- Celebrating by Solving Order of Operations Problems(5.OA.A.1.Q.1) - Solve the following order of operations problems.
- Patriotic Multiplication of Mixed Numbers by a Fraction(5.NF.B.6.N.11) - Solve the following multiplication of mixed number by a fraction.
- Multiplying 2 Digit Numbers by a Larger Number(5.NBT.B.5.F.12) - Solve the following multiplication problems.
- Stars and Stripes Finding the Reciprocals(6.NS.A.1.W.2) - Find the reciprocals for the following numbers.
- Saluting by Writing Variable Expressions Word Problems(6.EE.A.2a.P.1) - On Memorial Day many schools in the Washington D.C. area take field trips to the War Memorial.
- Mean, Median, Mode, and Range Practice(6.SP.A.3.S.1) - Solve the following mean, median, mode, and range problems.
- Practicing Percentages of Numbers and Money Amounts - 7.RP.A.3.K.5) - Solve the following amount problems.
- Adding and Subtracting Integers Practice(7.NS.A.1b.E.3) - Choose the correct answer for the following integer problems.
- Cooking Out on by Converting between Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions- 7.EE.B.3.F.7) - Choose the correct answer for each of the following problems.
- Fireworks Explosions- Convert between Decimals, Fractions, & Mixed Numbers(8.NS.A.1.D.6) - Convert the following numbers as instructed.
- Multiplying Numbers Written in Scientific Notation(8.EE.A.4.G.3) - Solve the following scientific notation problems.