Cinco De Mayo Worksheets
What is Cinco De Mayo? The word Cinco de Mayo is Latin for the Fifth of May. It marks the victory of the Mexican Army from the French Empire during the Franco-Mexican War that was held in 1862. The battle was known as the Battle of Puebla. Under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza, the 5th of May marks the victory of the Mexicans. Annually, Cinco de Mayo is a popular holiday throughout Mexico. Even though the holiday took origins in Mexico, the celebrations have gone far beyond and are more popular in the USA, especially in the parts with large Mexican American population. The festival gained popularity in the USA through California, where festivities began in the year 1863. In Pueblo City, the event is welcomed with an art festival, a local cuisine festival, and re-enactments of the battle. This is a 150 year tradition. We made some work to help you incorporate this holiday in your classroom.
Core Aligned and Leveled Collection
- Celebrate with Fewer, Equal, & More(K.CC.B.6.G.1) - Look at this group of sombreros. Mark the group below that shows more.
- Cinco Addition Sentences(K.OA.A.1.I.8) - Which picture sentence shows 3 + 5=? /li>
- Celebration of Venn Diagrams(K.MD.B.3.N.5) - What diagram is correct?
- Skip Counting Fun(1.OA.C.5.A.10) - Each person at the Cinco de Mayo party has 2 maracas. How many maracas do 5 people have?
- Counting to 20(1.NBT.A.1.A.2) - How many burritos are there?
- Regrouping Tens and Ones(1.NBT.C.4.B.23) - Choose the correct answer for the following regrouping problems.
- Bar Graphs(1.MD.C.4.M.3) - Victoria was taking inventory of the Cinco de Mayo supplies for the Party Store. She wanted to make sure that the store had plenty of supplies for the upcoming holiday. Look at the graph and answer the following questions.
- Balancing Subtraction Equations(2.OA.A.1.F.12) - Add your answer to the box to balance the equations.
- It's Party Time! (Telling) - 2.MD.7) - There are many parties during the Cinco De Mayo celebration.
- Writing Sunny Word Numbers(2.NBT.A.3.C.3) - Select the correct answer to the following.
- Practicing Identifying Appropriate Length(2.MD.A.2.S.2) - Which is a closer estimation for the length of a watermelon?
- Fiesta Ordering Fractions(3.NF.A.3b.S.14) - Put the Fractions in order.
- Spicing up with Identifying Values of the Digits(3.NBT.A.3.B.3) - Which underlined number is worth 50?
- Fiesta Function Tables(3.OA.A.3.E.15) - What is the rule for the function table?
- Bullfighting Fun with Balancing Subtraction Equations(3.NBT.A.2.D.5) - Choose the answer that balances the subtraction equation.
- Mrs. Murray's Class: Cinco De Mayo Word Problems - 3.OA.3 ) - Mrs. Murray's class is learning about Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday that commemorates Mexico's 1862 victory over France during the Battle of Puebla in the Franco-Mexican War.
- Rounding Practice(4.OA.A.3.A.6) - What is 13,690 rounded to the nearest hundred?
- Iguana Inequalities with Multiplication(4.NBT.A.2.D.20) - Choose the correct inequality sign to solve each problem.
- Festive Flavorful Equivalent Fractions(4.NF.A.1.Q.1) - Choose the equivalent fraction for the following problems.
- Siesta Order of Operations(5.OA.A.1.Q.1) - Choose the correct answer for the following order of operations problems.
- Owls about Multiplication(5.NBT.B.5.F.12) - Solve the following multiplication problems.
- Prickly Classifying Quadrilaterals(5.GB.3.B.7) - Classify the following shapes.
- Fiesta Fractions! - Sums of Unlike Fractions (5.NF.A.1)- Fractions became jumbled during the Cinco de Mayo celebration.
- Spicy Unit Rates(6.R.P.A.3b.2) - El Burrito served 40 burritos in 2 days. How many burritos were served in one day.
- Divisibility Rules Practice(6.NS.B.2.L.1) - What is the digit that is missing to make 3,895,63? divisible by 2?
- Variable Expressions with Whole Numbers(6.EE.A.2c.P.2) - Solve for the following expressions.
- Celebration with Dividing Mixed Numbers- 7.NS.A.2c.G.12) - Solve the following dividing mixed number problems.
- Fireworks Celebration Rounding Decimals(7.EE.B.3.B.4) - Choose the correct answer for the following decimal problems.
- Shopping Spree- 7.RP.A.3.L.5) - Danielle is having a Cinco de Mayo Party. She will be buying the following items.
- 2-Step Inequalities(7.EE.B.4b.W.6) - Choose the correct answer for the following inequality problems.
- Cinco de Mayo Probabilities - 7.SP.C.5) - Hannah wants to go to the movies and Billy wants to go to the amusement park. They decide to flip a coin to decide. What is the probability percentage that Hannah will win?
- Square Rootin Tootin(8.EE.A.2.F.13) - Find the square root of the following.
- Soccer Fun with Interpreting Steam and Leaf Plots(8.SP.A.4.N.8) - How many soccer teams had less than 27 children tryout for their teams?
- Sombrero Scientific Notation Multiplication(8.EE.A.4.G.3) - Choose the correct scientific notation answer.