Using Geometry in Design Problems
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Modeling Geometry - HSG-MG.A.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Candy Bar Step-by-step Lesson
- Time to see how many candy bars you can shove in your closet.
- Guided Lesson -
Shipping mobile phones, inheriting a water tower, and building tabletops.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- These problems each require you to think outside the box.
- Practice Worksheet
- I do tend to gravitate towards three concepts.
- Matching Worksheet
- The units make it simple, but they have to show their work.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
There are 3 common themes that are in these types of problems.
I added images where I could fit them. I'd recommend that students always draw a picture when doing these problems.
Math Skill Quizzes
Students should have some difficulty here. There is very normal and very Okay.