Using Similar Triangles to Find Slope
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 8 Number System- 8.EE.B.6
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Slope of Lines Step-by-Step Lesson-
Use the triangle method to find the slope of the line. This seems
like too much work, but it does give you a definitive answer.
- Guided Lesson
- Write an equation for the graphed line and find the slope using
the triangle method.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- Number one and three take about a page each to explain. It's good
to tackle that skill here.
- Independent Practice
- Four full pages of practice work for you here. Equations and slope
are all over the place.
- Matching Worksheet
- We have line-a-polooza. Tell us the slope or equation of the lines.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Find the slope and equation of a line by using the triangles.
All the three standard skills you will see are here.
Math Skill Quizzes
Quiz one asks you to find the equation of the line. Quiz two focuses on slope and quiz three goes over all skills.