Approximations of Irrational Numbers
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 8 Number System- 8.NS.A.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Comparing Radicals
Step-by-Step Lesson- Use a numbers line to compare radicals
of five and seven.
- Guided Lesson -
Approximate the value of radical numbers to the nearest tenth.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- We use numbers lines again to help us visualize where the values
- Independent Practice
- Approximate values for five problems and compare radicals for
another five problems.
- Matching Worksheet
- Sorry that we ended up with an odd number of problems on the this
one. I know it makes it tougher to grade.
- Approximations of Irrational
Numbers Five Pack - You are basically simplifying these irrational
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Point out the approximation of the value of irrational numbers.
More approximations. These make great in-class activities.
Math Skill Quizzes
The quizzes also include operations with irrational integers.