Proportional Relationships Word Problems
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 7 Proportional Relationships- 7.RP.A.2c
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Orange Prices Step-by-step
Lesson- What is the constant in orange prices. Who knew fruit
prices were so mathematical?
- Guided Lesson -
We look for proportionality in pens, selling candy, and baking cakes.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I find it very helpful to use data charts to help explain these
types of problems. That is why you will see them everywhere in this
- Practice Worksheet -
There are a lot of interesting questions in this one. I think you
will enjoy the diversity of questions.
- Matching Worksheet - Work with equations to answer every one of these. A good algebra complement exercise.
- Ratio and Proportion Word Problems Five Worksheet Pack - The word problem establishes some what of a rate based system. Use that to answer each question.
- Word Based Proportions Five Worksheet Pack - If fills like stuffed bread, a ratio with words stuffed in there.
- Word Proportions Five Worksheet Pack - Very similar concept to the previous five pack, just a cleaner font.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
At this level you are given the equation for the relationship which makes it pretty easy to understand.
The practice problems expect you to dig a little deeper into where this is all going.
Math Skill Quizzes
The second quiz requires a little bit of critical thinking. Otherwise, it is mostly proportions for you to work with.