Working With Assessing Overlapping Data Sets
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 7 Statistics - 7.G.SP.B.3
These worksheets will help students learn how to identify data sets that share portions of a data pool and make decisions based on how they relate and differ.
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Height of Players Step-by-step
Lesson- Is there a correlation between height and your sport
- Guided Lesson - This
one was a real eye opener for students. Give them plenty of time.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- Calculating the mean average deviation and the individual deviation
is a very abstract student for most kids. The vocabulary throws
- Practice Worksheet -
You will find some very interesting thoughts in this selection of
- Matching Worksheet - Great for an introduction to this skill set. Just two problems.
Start to find commonalities and differences within data sets.
- Homework 1 - Liam is a statistician. He wanted to compare the average height of some of the players on his favorite cricket and volleyball teams.
- Homework 2 - Eli wanted to compare the mean weight of boxes of his favorite toy cars and dolls. He thinks that there will be a greater variability in the weight of toy car boxes as compared to the doll boxes. Toy car
- Homework 3 - Jackson lives right off a high speed road. The speed limit on her road is 70 miles per hour. He wanted to compare the mean speed of the cars between day time and night time.
Students start to see how numbers can affect your income or at least how you position yourself.
- Practice 1 - Harper ran food vendors stands at two different parks. Harper wanted to compare the mean amount of money between the two stands. Each stand has eight cash registers. He thinks that there will be a greater variability in the indoor park as compared to the outdoor park.
- Practice 2 - Owen and Ryan work for Emma. They buy car parts for Emma’s teams to put together. Emma wanted to compare the mean amount of items purchased by Owen and Ryan over a week.
- Practice 3 - Olivia is a sales manager. She is deciding who to give a raise to. Olivia wanted to compare the mean expenses of Joy and Tom over 8 days.
Math Skill Quizzes
Due to time needed for the explanation, these quizzes have only a few questions each.
- Quiz 1 - Mack wanted to compare the mean weight of boxes of his shoes and clothes. He thinks that there will be a greater variability in the weight of shoes boxes as compared to clothes boxes.
- Quiz 2 - Brian wanted to compare the mean scores of Class 1 and Class 2.
- Quiz 3 - In which area does the average cash register have more money?