Unit Rates and Ratios of Fractions
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 7 Proportional Relationships- 7.RP.A.1
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Fence Painting Step-by-step
Lesson- Who knew that painting a fence could get so complicated?
- Guided Lesson
- Eating bananas, running, and baking batches of cookies.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- Flipping the fractions is where most kids lose this one. Just
remind them to snap their fingers when trying to divide.
- Practice Worksheet
- These problems all involve time. It is pretty evident that people
are big on saving time; says the girls writing worksheets to make
your day go by faster.
- Matching Worksheet - A word of caution: I removed the units in order to require students to actually do the problems. Tell your kids that fact and give them extra credit for adding the units.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
We use all word problem formats to work on splitting up whole numbers and fractions.
On the practice sheets I focused on using different forms of notation for fractions. I would stress that you show those forms to students.
Math Skill Quizzes
The first and third quiz are lengthy. I made the second quiz quick in case you are looking for just a short review.