Summarizing and Interpreting Data Sets
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 6 Statistics - 6.SP.A.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- A Piece of Cake-
Use the sales ledger from the past four weeks of sales at Rose's
bakery to answer these questions.
- Fishing for Answers!
- We make sense of the weight of the fish caught at a local fishing
- Sure Temperature
- Researchers are trying to see patterns in the weather data of
- TV Time - One thing
is for sure! Ashley's family watches way too much television.
- Magnificent Magazines
- A magazine sales fundraiser tally is in. Who was the best salesperson?
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Stem and Leaf Activity Sheets with Answers
Students first create the stem and leaf plot. Then they use it to answer questions. This is a great way to see how stem and leaf plots help us make sense of data quickly.
- Jerry did jobs around the community to earn money to attend
- Rope Jumping
- Martha loves to jump rope. She has been trying to see how many
times she can jump before tripping. Here is a list of her consecutive
- Rita baked cookies for a school bake sale. She made many batches.
Each time she tried a new recipe she kept track of the number
of cookies each recipe made.
- To pass time while on a trip, Paul counted red cars seen each
day while on the highway.
- Runner - Gilbert ran a quarter mile with these totals for minutes one week.