Polygons in the Coordinate Plane
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 6 Geometry - 6.G.A.3
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Find a Point Step-by-step
Lesson- You're given three points of a rectangle. You are asked
to find the fourth point using a grid.
- Guided Lesson -
We take this skill and now apply it to maps.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I talk you through this one. I started by drawing it, but realized
the grids we not big enough to do it that way.
- Practice Worksheet - Five pages
of walk thoroughs with this one. The skill is covered well.
- Area of Shapes on a Coordinate
Grid Five Pack - Use the coordinates to help you solve these.
- Matching Worksheet
- I never knew how much information you could learn from just four
points on a grid.
- Area of Polygons and Circles
Worksheet Five Pack - Go crazy with this gathering of triangles
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
We start with an outline and find the distance between points. We then bring it to life by making them real.
I purposely threw perimeter in here to help the kids focus on the distance between the points and its meaning.