Solve One-Variable Equations and Inequalities Worksheets
Tips for Solving One-Variable Equations and Inequalities - Inequalities are discussed in the same manner as being equivalent. However, the properties of inequalities differ from those of equalities. There are different problems for inequalities consisting of a different number of variables. For starters, we will learn a few tips to solve inequalities with one variable with the help of number lines. Now, to discuss inequalities, we will assign an open circle for < and >, while we will assign a closed circle for ≤ and ≥. Now, let us consider two examples, and then we will write several steps for each of them. These worksheets and lessons help students learn how to work with a single variable in multiple locations of an expression or equation. This helps them learn to combine like terms quickly.
Aligned Standard: Grade 6 Expressions and Equations - 6.EE.A.4
- Combining Like Terms Step-by-step Lesson- This is pretty straight forward and the concept requires very little coaching.
- Guided Lesson - More combining like terms in a simple manner.
- Guided Lesson Explanation -This is more focusing on the baby steps of like terms. We will eventually move to more to complex problems.
- Practice Worksheet - This will help students get the hang of combining terms in seconds.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the expression that just had their terms compressed.
- Rewrite by Factoring Five Pack - Factor them senseless or really to make better sense.
- Combining Like Terms (Difficult) Five Pack - Pull the like terms out as best you can.
- Solving For Variables (Involving Square Roots) Five Pack - Single or two step problems that include a square root operation. Slightly advanced for the level.
- Like Terms Five Pack - We group terms together here.
- Combining Like Terms (Simple) Five Pack- These expressions are a mouthful.
- Division Principle Five Pack - Just remember to divide from both sides and you're good to go.
- Subtraction Principle Five Pack - Yeah, this is very simple, but necessary.
- Simplify Equations Five Pack - Use exponents as much as you can here.
- Answer Keys - These are for all the unlocked materials above.
Another way to put these is combine like terms and solve for the variable.
- Homework 1 - Simplify by combining like terms.
- Homework 2 - Combine the a terms by adding their coefficients.
- Homework 3 - Reduce each expression to its simplest form.
I tried to present all the different question forms here.
- Practice 1 - Solve for the variable.
- Practice 2 - Simplify by combining like terms: -5s + 6 -4s
- Practice 3 - Rewrite this expression in its simplest form: 9z + 3z
Math Skill Quizzes
All the quiz questions are a lot less wordy.