Graphing Real World Math Problems Worksheets
How does Graphing Help You in the Real World? - Graphs plays an important role in mathematics and work as very useful tools even in the real life. These ways of visual representation of numeric data is used even in the Fortune 500 companies to record the data. It is an easy and a less-complicated way to read data. Use of graphs in representing lengthy data, saves the time in analyzing data and in gaining quick insights. Reading graphical data is easy as compared to lengthy reports and it saves time in preparing detailed documentation. Results that may take up two to three pages of a report can be represented easily in one or even half of a page. It is an effective tool in representing the sales stats of a business, can even help in accurately displaying medical data that is easy and simple to understand.
Aligned Standard: Grade 5 Geometry - 5.G.2
- Honey Drives Step-by-step Lesson- Honey takes a drive. How far does she end up from her starting point?
- Guided Lesson - Another driving analogy and then we ask you how from two objects are apart on a coordinate system.
- Guided Lesson Explanation - We also are looking to make sure kids use the right units for the third problem.
- Practice Worksheet - Sorry about the coordinate grids gone wild here. It's four pages long.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the coordinate pairs to the described position.
- Answer Keys - These are for all the unlocked materials above.
You are asked to both draw points and determine how far they are apart.
- Homework 1 - Carl drives 7 blocks east (right), then 2 blocks north (up), and 4 blocks west (left). How far is he from where he started? Use the coordinate graph below to help you.
- Homework 2 - If each line segment below represents a mile, how many miles apart are the triangle and circle below?
- Homework 3 - David's monkey jumps 7 blocks east (right), then 4 blocks north (up), and 3 blocks west (left). How far is he from where he started? Use the coordinate graph below to help you.
These grids totally remind me of my trip to New York City. It sure looks easy on a map, but not so much in reality.
- Practice 1 - See you can track down where Bryan's horse went.
- Practice 2 - How far are the triangle and the smiley apart?
- Practice 3 - Rambo's helicopter?
Math Skill Quizzes
A single graph that is just bursting with questions for you.
- Quiz 1 - John runs 5 blocks east (right), then 2 blocks north (up), and 3 blocks west (left). How far is John from where he started?
- Quiz 2 - If each line segment above represents a mile, how many miles apart are the square and triangle above?
- Quiz 3 - Sean rides 7 blocks east (right), then 6 blocks north (up), and 4 blocks west (left). How far is he from where he started?