Fraction Word Problems (Add and Subtract Only)
Aligned To Common Core Standard:
Grade 5 Fractions : Numbers and Operations- 5.NF.2
Printable Worksheets And Lessons
- Driving Distances
Step-by-step Lesson- How far did Drew drive over his two stops
to the market and library?
- Guided Lesson
- How much pudding did Andrew and John eat? Which twin is growing
faster? Finish off with Kelly making brownies.
- Guided Lesson Explanation
- I fit the numbers lines in here to help best explain it all for
- Practice Worksheet
- A nice offering of word problems. We go old school, these don't
offer nice pretty pictures.
- Matching Worksheet - Match the fractions (proper and improper) to the problems that would create them.
View Answer Keys- All the answer keys in one file.
Make sure to teach students the underlined or circled key items in the word problems. Look for trigger words, i.e., total and all = addition.
I guess that I was a bit hunger when I was dreaming up these problems.